Attention Potential Eventing 25 Athletes
To: Potential 2020 Eventing 25 Program Applicants
From: Christina Vaughn, Director- Eventing Performance and Program Support
Date: October 25, 2019
Re: 2020 Emerging Athlete Eventing 25 Program
Dear Potential 2020 Eventing 25 Program Applicants,
The 2020 Eventing 25 Application will open today, Friday, October 25, 2019! Applications will be located in the Athlete Dashboard area of your MY USEF Member Account. Please note that all programs are subject to funding. The 2020 Budget has not been confirmed.
Log in to your My USEF Member Account → Athlete Dashboard → Online Applications→ Eventing→ Year: 2020
2020 Eventing 25 Eligibility and Application Requirements:
- Rider must be 25 years old or younger according to the FEI (born on or after January 1, 1995).
- Rider must have achieved an MER at a CCI3*-L.
- Please note in your application if you plan to achieve your CCI3*L MER at the Ocala Jockey Club- November 14-17, 2019 (applications will not be reviewed by the Performance Advisory Team until after the Ocala Jockey Club)
- Applicants can be ‘Talent Spotted’ if they do not meet this criteria, but still must submit an application.
- Rider must be an USEF Active member.
- Rider must submit a link to current professional video(s) of competition(s).
Applications for the 2019 Eventing 25 Program will be due Friday, November 29, 2019.
No late applications will be accepted! Only those who have applied will be considered. Competition videos may be requested from athletes. The Eventing 25 Program will have an annual selection for a two-year period, with a review every six months and a Retention Review at one year. Starting in 2020, athletes may participate in the program for a maximum of four years. The expectation is that athletes would progress to the Development Potential by the age of 25 or within four years.
Cc: Erik Duvander, Leslie Law, Will Connell, Jennie Autry
Questions? Contact Christina Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org